January 26, 2009

Ella is 8!!!

Ella awoke this morning to her 8 pink flowers for 8 great years, per her grandmother's request. She was also serenaded Happy Birthday with some yummy cinnamon rolls. She was so excited about her birthday, she could barley go to bed last night. We had to make 4 pans of brownies so that she could feed not just her class, but the entire lunch room (3 classes!).That said, Ella made 2 pans all by herself and Hannah helped considerably with one which left me to make one after they went to bed, man are they getting old! BTW, if you are wondering what the pink round thing is in the picture, it's a trash can. Ella desperately wanted a children's trash can for her room. And in boxes. What a goofy,huh? She wants to organize her desk better, so Hannah gave her inboxes that she can paint and decorate and then use to store her papers. All in all, I think it was a nice day for her, and for me, well, it seems like forever ago when I had just had my first baby. I never could have imagined just how much joy she would bring me. What a gift. Crazy!

2 comments:

Glenda said...

Happy Birthday Ella!! Eight is GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Er, I'm a few days late, but Happy Birthday Ella!