December 04, 2008

3rd Annual Christmas Cookie Decorating

The long awaited, very highly anticipated, super dooper, fun for everyone Christmas cookie decorating/cookie exchange at the Poth family house has finally arrived. My girls have been asking for months, "When are we decorating cookies at the Poth house?" Every year, our hostess, Leanne, goes to wild lengths to ensure that everyone has fun and has once again succeeded. After baking some 200 cookies for the 18 children to decorate, making 16 different colors of frosting, and filling a trillion little bowls with assorted cookie toppings, she whipped up lots of yummy goodies for us moms.



MMM, I sure look forward to the baked brie and champagne!


Most of these kids are already friends, but there were a couple that were new to us. Hannah immediately hooked up with the cutest little thing named Lottie and they seemed like they had been life long friends.

Leanne makes the cutest decorations for the day. I especially like "Don't frost your friends"

We moms don't get all this fun and excitement for free, though. We each baked 8 dozen cookies to earn our keep-that's right 96 cookies! Or in my case, 96 pieces of chocolate walnut fudge. Everyone takes 10 of each type of cookie and now my kitchen counter is home to a myriad of yummy Christmas goodies!



After all the fun, Leanne even fed our children dinner-no not cookies! Hot dogs, pizza, and pretzels.

After a long, but very fun afternoon, I put the big girls in bed and Sarah and I tried to stay awake to see Elf on television, so much for that!


Thanks for a blast, Leanne and can't wait for next year!


1 comment:

annajanine said...

What a fun party! My fam does cookie decorating day every year and us "kids" still ask when we're doing it. How fun! Also...I've got to get a wine rack like the Poth's have. That big wooden rack I saw in the background near the couch is breath-taking! I want one for sure...happy eating!