December 27, 2008

Ice Skating at the Old Opera

So, look back a few weeks ago, on a Thursday after school. Rachel, Sarah, and I decide to take the kids to the temporary ice rink outside of the Frankfurt Old Opera.



It was a beautiful night. The 8 children had a blast. Unfortunately, two of them were not old enough to skate-just old enough to very thoroughly annoy their mothers. Yes, you guessed it-Sarah was one of those children! She took it upon herself to explore the area every chance she got. The bad part is, we are in the middle of the city which is very busy and full of people getting off work and coming around to drink hot mulled wine or finish some Christmas shopping. She is just small enough to maneuver very quickly and easily through the crowd. Unfortunately, I am not small enough and was constantly having a mild stroke thinking she was gone forever in a sea of people. After a few of the above mentioned strokes, I decided I had to get out of there-much to the disdain of my other children!

One week later, on the last day of school before the winter break, the three of us thought it a good idea to try it again, this time with even more kids from Ella's class. However, this time, Sarah and I left our little ones at Sarah's preschool. A much better time was had by all. Sadly, I forgot my camera but it's the same location, just even more kids. It was a really lovely way to end the school year with skates, hot chocolate, friends, and a beautiful backdrop.

1 comment:

Glenda said...

How fun!! Look how lovely your city looks in lights! I'm jealous!

By the way, I can completely see your face when you have a "stroke" and I can't stop laughing!!! Thanks Sarah!