December 05, 2008

My cup runneth over, with Christmas shows!

Yesterday seemed to be Christmas Performance Jubilee! First Sarah's 2 year old preschool class was up at bat. They sang Twinkle Twinkle and Jingle Bells. Very cute! Here is Jingle Bells (Sarah is in the middle wearing a burgundy dress):



After a quick trip back home for a nap, Sarah and I were out of there and off to Hannah's Christmas party. Her mixed age group sang a german song and her preschool group sang a super crazy spanish Christmas song. When Lennart and I first saw the lyrics and heard a pop version of this song, we thought they were crazy for trying to get our non spanish kids to sing this but they did a great job! Unfortunately, at the show they turned the lights down, so the video is way too dark and you can't actually see Hannah but you can hear them and it's too cute! For whatever reason, I can't seem to upload it here but did manage on youtube. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNG3gO47og

Following Hannah's show, all three girls and I were off to the German/American Choir's Singing Christmas Tree. It is a lovely show, but come 7pm, after a hard day of parties, the two youngest were not in the mood any more. I spent half of the show with Hannah hanging on me, asking how much longer and the other half chasing Sarah around the church and taking her back and forth to the bathroom just to kill time! It started out a great day, but I think ended with one show too many. Somehow, it's just not really special quality time if I keep getting annoyed and telling one girl or another to stop complaining and just feel Christmasy! Remind me of that next year, if I mention trying something similar again.

PS. The following video is Hannah's Grand Finale. Live, she is in the3rd row in the middle. On the white screen above, she has long blond hair and a blue long sleeve shirt on and is in the front far right.





3 comments:

annajanine said...

Sarah is by far the best one there, and I swear I'm not biased! She looked like she was actually paying some attention and was playing her jingle bells in time (no comment on some of the other cuties). Way to go, Sarah!

I'm going to YouTube now to hear Hannah...

annajanine said...

Muy excellente, mi amiga! Bien! Bien!

I bet my kiddos would love that song at school (I should teach them a German one and see what happens)...and the clapping was perfect...go Hannah!

Glenda said...

I think I spied Enrique Iglesias when a camera flashed ... pretty sure that's why the lights were low! They did so well!! I'm with you, that was a hard, hard song!!

Your girls are so precious - just like their Mother (you're cute as well, Lennart)!