December 27, 2008

Da da da dummmm! Ella's 1st Reconcilliation!

Ella is the girl in hot pink-Elisabeth is also there, in the poncho

What is the color of fear. That is the color I should be typing this post in. Ella had her 1st Reconciliation (Confession-for those of you non catholics) last Saturday. The priest wanted us parents to be good role models and also go to confession. Ella has been learning her prayers and the correct responses for a few months now and was totally nervous. What I couldn't tell her was that I too was nervous. I haven't been to confession since my very 1st one almost 30 years ago! I was secretly learning all the correct responses and prayers right there with her. We went alphabetically, so we got to be 3rd in line. We had two priests, one for the kids, one for the parents. Wow, the kid line moved quickly, but we parents apparently had lots to say,our line took forever. Ella came away from hers before I had mine. She was elated! She loved it-said she wants to do it all the time. We do have a really lovely priest. Feeling only a little relieved from her good experience, I headed off for mine. I'll spare you the details but it actually went very well. I was so worried, imagining the priest yelling at me and damning me to hell, I forgot, they are actually very nice, caring people, who actually want to help me be a better person not yell at me. During the following mass, Ella and her class sang the Hail Mary and at the end received their Certificate of Reconciliation. I was very proud of her! She did a great job, now on to 1st Communion in May!






1 comment:

Glenda said...

30 years since confession?! BOY that must have taken a looooong time!;)

Congratulations Ella! You're a better Catholic than I'll ever be!